• At 6 yrs of age I began accordion lessons, followed by piano, drums, voice and dance
• Finalist in Mid-South Fair Youth Talent Contest for 3 consecutive years
• Mid-South Fair Youth Talent Representative
• Selected Most Talented in Treadwell High School Band
• Music trophies in local and national competitions
• Studied Music at Memphis State University
• Appearances on local and national television
• Played the Holiday Inn Circuit for 5 yrs
• Performed in Memphis Little Theater, Bartlett Community Theater, The Grand Opening of The Bartlett Performing Arts in Bartlett, TN & in a musical comedy at "Cedar Point" in Sandusky, Ohio Produced by Charles Meeker, Jr. former Producer of "Miss Teenage America."
• Formerly - "Preschool Music Teacher" for Bartlett United Methodist Church in Bartlett, Tennessee (second largest Methodist Church in Tennessee).
• Have perfect pitch (the ability to recognize notes and chords by sound)
I began teaching 55 music students for "Central Academy Of Music" in both Tennessee & Mississippi at the early age of 15. I have now been teaching & performing for most of my life & loving it! I credit my teaching skills to my beloved music teacher, "Neil Hakala." Currently, I teach piano lessons, accordion lessons, theory & ear training, improvisation, song writing, student teaching, early childhood music, & music for senior citizens.
My piano & accordion students have won awards in both City & County Schools. A number of my students have represented their schools as 1st place winners in The Cultural Arts (Reflections Program) song writing competition. Two of my students were 1st place winners for the State of Tennessee & Two students came in 2nd Place in State. My students have won talent shows & have been Finalists in 'The Mid-South Fair Youth Talent Contest." My students have given of their time & talents to play solos in hospitals, nursing homes, for civic groups & churches. All of my music students are given the opportunity to play in recitals & participate in competitions should they wish to do so.
I now teach both Piano Lessons and Accordion Lessons to those living in Knoxville, TN and surrounding areas.